Thu, 2009-01-15 15:25 — administrator
Australian Capital Territory: Home Buyers Concession
The ACT State Revenue Office has announced changes to transfer stamp duty concession rates for Home Buyers effective from 1 January 2009 to 30 June 2009.
From 1 January 2009 eligible customers receive the following concessions under the Home Buyer Concession Scheme.
Eligible Property (Residential Home)
- Purchase price - $340,000 or less - $20 (minimum duty) Concessional Transfer Stamp Duty
- More than $340,000 but less than $422,000 $19.75 for each $100 or part thereof by which the dutiable value exceeds $340,000 ($20 minimum duty).
- $422,000 or more No Concessional Transfer Stamp Duty
- Purchase price $189,200 or less $20 (minimum duty)
- More than $189,200 but less than $233,200 $15.50 for each $100 or part thereof by which the dutiable value exceeds $189,200 ($20 minimum duty).
- $233,200 or more No Concessional Transfer Stamp Duty